Subject: Technology and History
Introduction of the activity
Using guide explanations you will be able to learn about the evolution of transport from the invention of the wheel to the carts and carriages by animal drawn. Moreover, you will see the ancient crafts that made possible the development of the muleteer fact. The tour focuses on the period composed from XIX century to the first half of XX century, although you will be able to see some previous pieces that help you to understand easily the historical evolution of transport by the hand of muleteers.
We will focus on what was and what meant the muleteer fact and crafts that were connected to it. Besides, students will learn about carts and carriages during the guided tour.
– Understanding the importance of muleteers and knowing what they did.
– Identifying the three main aspects of the evolution of transport throughout history: the wheel, the horseshoe, modern collar.
– Identifying the crafts that are connected to the muleteer fact and realizing the main work of everyone.
– Knowing the Catalan celebration of Tres Tombs.
– Identifying the different kinds of carts and carriages of the Museum.
Duration: 1h-1.30h approximately.
Number of students per group: 30/35 students.
Single ticket per student: 2€
Education Department of the Muleteer’s Museum of Igualada with the collaboration of Educational Service of Anoia and Group of Teachers of Anoia.
Work suggestion BEFORE the tour
– Teachers’ exercise book is available, where you can get the contents of the tour.
Work suggestion AFTER the tour
In the Museum:
– We offer the chance to watch a documentary, of ethnological interest, that shows the celebration of Tres Tombs in Igualada in 1961. Students will e able to see, in 19 minutes, how muleteers transported skins with carts and animals along the tanner neighborhood. On this way, students can have a more accurate appreciation of what they have seen on their guided tour (for all educational levels)